Midtown Athletic Club & Hotel in Chicago is a luxury health oasis nestled between Bucktown, Lincoln Park, and Logan Square. With world-class amenities, Midtown Athletic Club Chicago is more resort than gym. We have a full-service contemporary restaurant, shopping, a full-spa with salon and barber services, and you can stay at our luxury hotel, with 55 boutique hotel rooms or 4 luxurious suites options. Take a sneak peek inside our spa: https://www.midtownhotelchicago.com/spa
Midtown is looking for a Barber to join our world-class spa team.
Our Barbers are courteous professionals interested in promoting the well-being and satisfaction of our members and guests. They are an integral part of our organization and:
- Barber License required
- Provide hair treatments in accordance with established procedures
- Are proactive about learning new hair trends and barbering techniques
- Maintain cleanliness of barber shop area throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty lines, and secure supplies at end of shift
- Partner with and assist other associates to promote barber/spa/salon services and achieve departmental goals
- Promote barber/spa/salon services, participate in events, sell retail products, achieve personal goals
- Address needs in a professional, positive and timely manner
- Have a minimum of one year of experience as a hair barber; demonstrating a high level of proficiency
- Demonstrate a high level of client service with courtesy and attentiveness
- Maintain physical image of barbershop as well as supply inventory
- Promote their own work as well as participation in club programs/events
- Must adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Friendly, personable, and passionate about barbering
- Great communicator and fantastic with time management skills
- Very reliable and able to work independently
- Excellent technical barbering abilities which include Tailored cuts, Fades, Blowouts, Tapering, Shear work, Hot towel shaves, Specialty beard services, and Enhancements
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.