Midtown Athletic Club & Hotel in Chicago is a luxury health oasis nestled between Bucktown, Lincoln Park, and Logan Square. With world-class amenities, Midtown Athletic Club Chicago is more resort than gym. We have a full-service contemporary restaurant, shopping, a full-spa and salon services, and you can stay at our luxury hotel, with 55 boutique hotel rooms or 4 luxurious suites options.
Take a sneak peek inside our club: https://www.midtown.com/locations/chicago/
Are you looking for a rewarding leadership opportunity and do you have previous hospitality experience? We’re adding a full-time Front Desk Lead to our team.
We are looking for motivated individuals who can commit 40 hours per week, including a shift on a Saturday or Sunday weekly.
A Front Desk Lead is a professional who is responsible for greeting members and checking in hotel guests in an efficient and courteous manner. As the first face that many see upon arrival, the Front Desk Lead will also check guests in and out of their rooms, distributes room keys, answers questions and processes payments for hotel services.
As an integral part of the management team, our Front Desk Leads develop, direct and lead our front desk associates to delight our members and guests by:
- Demonstrating sound judgment, professionalism and optimism while directing the work of associates
- Providing front desk training and holding associates accountable for executing desired procedures and behaviors
- Inspiring a sense of community and providing personal attention
- Welcoming individuals who enter the club in a warm and pleasant manner
- Assisting with program registration, payment processing, and scheduling club services
- Consistently striving to create a lasting first impression
- Handling check-ins, addressing questions and resolving issues appropriately
- Maintaining cleanliness of front desk areas to contribute to an exceptional facility experience
- Contacting housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
- Answering queries regarding club services and facilities
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring constant delivery of service
- Performing basic bookkeeping, cashiering, filing, and clerical duties
- Assisting with inventory of product and supplies
Our Front Desk Leads:
- Must have full-time availability to work a flexible schedule (including evenings, holidays, and 1 Saturday or Sunday weekly)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a health club or hospitality environment
- Responsible for supervising and working with the front office staff to ensure the highest quality of member/guest service
- Possess proven ability to hire, train and lead productive service-minded associates
- Have the ability to work gracefully and quickly under pressure
- Have a working knowledge of customer services standards
- Have great personalities that naturally connect with a wide variety of people
- Possess a keen memory and delightful sense of humor
- Are able to quickly make calculations when handling money
- Are highly organized and efficient
- Have excellent communication skills
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.