The Racquet Sports Manager (RSM) is responsible for overseeing racquet sport programming and all aspects of the racquet sports experience within the club.
This racquet sports leader will be the ambassador for racquet sports within their club as Midtown strives to continue to be the industry gold standard for racquet sports programming. This individual will be nimble and adaptable to the changing landscape of the industry and will thrive in a people environment, bringing an energetic and inspiring leadership to the racquet sports programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide inspirational leadership to your team of supervisors, coaches, and administrative support personnel.
- Based on Midtown core values recruit, hire, on-board and train Racquet Sports personnel.
- Be passionate about the growth and development of your people and programs by providing regular class audits, coaching, training, and personal development opportunities.
- Assist your coaches with goal setting and hold each coach accountable to achieve their goals.
- Ensure that all Racquet Sports programs are delivered in a manner consistent with Midtown brand standards.
- Collaborate with the National Racquet Sports Director on operational processes, hiring and program reporting.
- Collaborate with the National Racquet Sports Education Manager on all matters relating to program development, coach development and methodologies.
- Plan, organize and direct; with the support of your team, all tennis, paddle, squash and pickleball related programs, activities, and events.
- Manage the court maintenance team, to ensure all court spaces are held to Midtown standard.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized tennis court environment including ball carts, balls and teaching aids.
- Hold your team accountable for the internal promotion and delivery of quality member experiences.
- Maintain a member focus – be present and accessible to the club membership.
- Ensure that all member questions and concerns are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Teach a limited number of hours of primarily group racquet sport lessons to adults and juniors.
- Serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to achieve the overall goals of the club for new membership acquisition, new member onboarding (Launch), member retention and financial performance.
- Regularly serve as Manager on Duty (MOD) and complete MOD walk-through’s, checklist and be the on-site leadership support for all areas of the club.
- Assist your GM by preparing monthly variance reports and with the preparation of the Racquet Sports budget.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the National Racquet Sports Director and the other RSM’s.
- Organize regular Racquet Sports Department meetings to communicate/cascade information that is relevant to the success of the department, the club and the company.
- Communicate on a timely basis with corporate support.
- Own the performance of their department by driving revenues and controlling expenses.
- Track and report on KPI’s including but not limited to; program participation, coach-to-student ratios, payroll ratios, student retention and new-member engagement.
- Win Together
- Glass Half-full
- Passionate about Helping Others
- Better than Yesterday
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.