Midtown Athletic Club
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Accounts Receivable Clerk Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to add to our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
Our Accounts Receivable Clerks are courteous business professionals. As an integral part of our team they have a positive impact on our clubs and the lives of others by:
- Filing membership records on a daily basis
- Assisting and acting as back up person to process daily cash reconciliation
- Investigating the credit status of new and present members
- Reviewing delinquent accounts and calling, sending form letters and statements to customers regarding payment
- Composing and following up with collection and adjustment letters regarding terms of payment
- Analyzing accounts and recommending collection procedures should existing transactions prove ineffective
- Determining and arranging collection procedures for delinquent accounts
- Maintaining records, updating member information and creating files
- Assisting with mailings
- Handling and responding to customer calls/correspondence
- Assisting Business Manager as necessary with other office/administrative functions
Our Accounts Receivable Clerks:
- Associates Degree and have a minimum of two years of accounts receivable and collection experience
- Possess a professional demeanor
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills (including professional telephone skills)
- Are proficient computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Possess above average deductive reasoning skills, problem solving skills, and is able to troubleshooting computer issues
- Are able to work with others as a team member
- Are customer service orientation
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.