2444 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Aquatics Coach Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for an Aquatics Coach to add to our first class organization.
As an integral part of the aquatics team, our Aquatics Coaches inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. We offer competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. Our Coaches encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Demonstrating sound leadership, professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Developing and maintaining aquatics areas to promote an enjoyable experience
- Developing, delivering, and measuring aquatics programs
- Promoting and providing private lessons
Our Aquatics Coaches:
- Have competitive swimming background and/or 2 years swim coach experience with an recognized Aquatics program or camp
- Possession of current lifeguard or water safety instructor certification recommended (American Red Cross preferred)
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Ability to demonstrate all strokes, dives and turns.
- Ability to prepare a lesson plan based on our program curriculum
- Ability to work multiple days and/or shifts during the week and weekends (Programming Monday - Thursday 9-11:30am, Monday - Thursday 3:30 - 6:30pm, Saturday - Sunday 9am-1pm)
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more