Midtown Athletic Clubs
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Art Director Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for an Art Director to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives. Our Art Director does so by leading our brand’s creative direction to appeal to current and future members, managing our talented team of designers and copywriters, and helping to design and deliver strong marketing materials throughout all our club locations.
You’ll love this job if:
- You are a relationship builder. You quickly build and continually nurture strong relationships with club leadership and the corporate office through strong communication and organizational skills.
- You are driven by creativity. You enjoy pushing the envelope and exploring new creative territory. You can pivot easily between different projects for different brands appealing to different audiences.
- You see the whole picture. Although your background is in design, you understand how design and copy work together, and are comfortable creative directing both aspects of marketing materials.
- You are a relentless communicator. You listen intently, communicate clearly, and speak up when necessary. You are comfortable writing communications to members.
- You like strategy and operations. You work with club leadership and Central Services to help set marketing goals for the clubs, and for each department within the clubs, then drive the projects that deliver on those goals.
- You want the team to win. You do not get complacent with or point fingers at a broken process, but instead work to identify ways to continuously improve how we do things.
- You are well organized. You keep track of calendars, ensure all aspects of projects stay on track, and you overcommunicate when pieces start to fall behind schedule.
- You are digitally savvy. We work across a wide range of digital platforms, so you need the ability to pick up new programs and deliver materials across a range of platforms.
- You are kind.
What Success Looks Like
- You help develop our sub-brands and push the creative forward to appeal to both existing and new audiences.
- You raise the creative output of the entire team of designers and copywriters.
- You always hit your deadlines for projects that you lead or participate in.
- You help improve our creative workflow and processes.
- You monitor our marketing KPIs and ensure our creative output helps deliver on our strategic goals.
- You are an expert in Adobe Creative Suite—with a special focus on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- You are a talented photographer.
- You have experience leading photo and video shoot productions.
- You have experience managing a creative team.
- You have led a re-branding project.
- You have a strong background in experiential and digital marketing.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.