Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
200 East Highland Drive
Rochester, NY 14610
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Assistant Club Manager Job in Rochester
Midtown is looking for a Club Manager to assist with the day-to-day operations of our clubs.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
The Club Manager focuses primarily on driving the club’s sales functions to meet and exceed sales goals to grow the club’s dues line. Also responsible for providing strong leadership to associates and instilling an exceptional service culture for members. Also responsible for providing the basic business acumen to manage the club to meet or exceed financial, service, operational and other Midtown Athletic Club goals.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Leads the sales efforts of the club and trains and develops the entire team of associates to consistently achieve and exceed budgeted membership sales goals.
- Drives a strong customer service culture among managers, supervisors and all associates.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Effectively recruits, retains and develops a strong team of talented and dedicated associates.
- Sees that all profit centers (personal training, lockers, fitness programs) are maximizing revenues and keeping profit margins at budgeted levels.
- Ensuring club policies and procedures are executed according to Midtown values and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with the Regional General Manager to prepare annual budgets, regular variance statements and annual audits.
Club Manager requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on management experience with a successful track record of selling memberships and leading a team of sales associates meet and exceed sales goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, Exercise Management or related fields.
- Strong focus on providing customers with excellent customer service that is above and beyond service norms.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively share skills and knowledge with others.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org