Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
135 Interstate North Parkway NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Assistant General Manager Job in Atlanta
Midtown is looking for an Assistant General Manager to oversee operations for The Spa, retail sales, Kidtown, and housekeeping departments. This accomplished leader will play a key role in the ‘hospitality’ experience for members.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
You will love this job if…
You have been told you have an eye for detail. You believe in helping others achieve their goals but setting them up for success. You get excited when you receive or see great service or a customer journey to be remembered.
Assistant General Manager responsibilities:
- Recruit, coach and develop a team of manager level associates to lead The Spa, Kidtown, housekeeping, and retail
- Be willing to hold team members accountable for positive results and core value behaviors
- Innovate to improve the member, guest and associate experience using data and feedback
- Work with the corporate housekeeping teams to ensure a safe, clean, functional, and esthetically appealing club environment
- Execute on Midtown standards of quality, operations, and service
- Maintain awareness of trends and conduct regular market analysis for both spa and athleisure retail
- Actively participate and be engaged in frontline work and model core behaviors
- Participate in event planning and execution of events
- Manage operational expenses by mitigating procedural inefficiencies and wasteful expenditures
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and reports on period performance through regular variance statements
Assistant General Manager requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Must have availability to work a flexible scheduled (including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related fields
- Functional understanding of process improvement and ability to lead complex business operations
- Demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Possess self-confidence with a high degree of competitiveness
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.