Food & Beverage
Midtown Athletic Club
High School or Equivalent
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Bartender Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for Bartenders to join our team and help create lasting member experiences.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Our Bartenders create positive lasting impressions by providing enthusiastic greetings, warm assistance, and genuine farewells. Whether making a member laugh while serving their favorite cocktail or helping a guest navigate their way around the club, they play an important role by exceeding service expectations and providing a sense of belonging.
- Welcome members and guests, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders
- Select and mix ingredients, garnish glasses, and serve beverages to members and guests
- Check identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol
- Take inventory to ensure bar is well-stocked
- Handle cash, credit, and debit card transactions accurately
- Maintain a clean work area
- 1 year previous experience bartending
Members of the Midtown team may be eligible to receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer