Midtown Athletic Club
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Camp Counselor (Summer / Seasonal) Job in Chicago
Group interviews will take place on March 19th & March 28th
Midtown is looking for a Camp Counselor to lead youth campers through an active summer filled with fitness, education, socialization and learning.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
The most important aspect of being a Camp Counselor at Midtown Athletic Club is our Counselor’s ability to reach the “whole child.” Meaning we are engaging campers mentally, physically, and personally/socially – with physical activity, team-based play and games, and learning how to interact with peers in a social environment.
- Set a good example of behavior and be a positive role model for our campers
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and have/make fun in any environment
- Ability to work independently and with fellow staff members
- Take initiative to plan daily and weekly camp activities for assigned group
- Enforce camp rules Handle discipline in a consistent manner
- Responsible for campers from check-in to check-out
- Offer support and serve as a liaison to instructors and coaches
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Possess current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Enjoy working with children
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Display patience
- At least 4 years’ experience as a caregiver (babysitter, nanny, coach, instructor) for children
- At least 1 year experience leading a team
- Maintain a regular schedule throughout the summer
- Candidates must attend all training dates prior to the start of camp
- Training Weekend May 30th and 31st 12pm-7pm
- Camp Preparation June 2nd and 4th 5-8pm
- Camp kick-off June 7th
- Candidates must be available a minimum of three weekdays per week for one of the following shifts
- Candidates must work at least 8 camp weeks throughout the summer beginning June 8th through August 28th
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.