Midtown Athletic Clubs is in search of a Camp Program Coordinator to join our world-class organization.
Midtown is a diverse group of professionals committed to inspiring members and guests through movement, community, and personal attention. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
The Camp Program Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the camp. They will be expected to assist with the development of quality programs in all camp areas. The position is also responsible for various administrative tasks, which may include ordering supplies, coordinating schedules, and completing all necessary reports. Some of the duties will be to:
- Facilitate with the pre-planning and prep work regarding camp including but not limited to: structure of day, recruitment/enrollment of campers, applications, and activities planning.
- Assist with identifying and the interview process of hiring camp lead counselors and counselors.
- Assist the Kidtown Director in overseeing the daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to ensure a quality camp.
- Coordinate quality and safety before and after care at all sites. Assist in the development of programming and staff management.
- Participate in Summer Camp debrief sessions
- Work with special events, promotions, and any other special needs as they arise.
- Ensure that all program area schedules are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate program and administrative records.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding, training, and executing all camp policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp.
- Assist in mid-summer and post-summer evaluations with the Kidtown Director.
- Interact effectively with the camp staff as a total system, with campers’ best interest in mind.
- Be a leader in parent communication and address parent concerns in a timely manner. Seek the help of the Kidtown Director when necessary.
- Maintain a current and accurate record of all children enrolled in the Summer Camp or on the waiting list.
- Assist with the various administrative tasks necessary for camp to run efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Camp Program Coordinators:
- Are at least 21 years old.
- Must complete of First Aid and CPR certification upon hire.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices, procedures, activities, and programs as they relate to youth/child camping.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Are able to develop and implement high quality programming
- Have the ability to collaborate with community agencies and schools
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.