Midtown Athletic Club
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Camp Program Coordinator (Summer / Seasonal) Job in Chicago
*Group interviews will take place on March 19th & March 28th
Midtown is looking for a Camp Coordinator to lead youth campers through an active summer filled with fitness, education, socialization and learning.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
The most important aspect of being a Camp Coordinator at Midtown Athletic Club is our Coordinator’s ability to reach the “whole child.” Meaning we are engaging them mentally, physically, and personally/socially – with physical activity, team-based play and games, and learning how to interact with peers in a social environment.
- Set a good example of behavior and be a positive role model for our campers
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and have/make fun in any environment
- Ability to work independently and with fellow staff members
- Take initiative to plan daily and weekly camp activities for assigned group
- Enforce camp rules Handle discipline in a consistent manner
- Responsible for daily operation of camp from arrival to dismissal including, but not limited to discipline for campers and staff, ensure that camp activities as well as themed activities are followed through, communication with parents and staff evaluations
- Offer support and serve as a resource to camp counselors
- Utilize resources efficiently
- Maintain registration and daily roster information
- Handle discipline/accident reports according to camp and company policy to be reviewed by the Director.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Possess current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Enjoy working with children
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Display patience
- At least 4 years’ experience as a caregiver (babysitter, nanny, coach, instructor) for children
- At least 1 year experience leading a team
- Maintain a regular schedule throughout the summer
- Candidates must attend all training dates prior to the start of camp
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)\
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.