Senior Executive (President, CFO, etc)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now CFO Job in Chicago
We exist to inspire people to transform their lives. We are passionate about people being the best versions of themselves and maximizing their impact on the world. We believe that active, social people lead happier healthier lives and we are all-in on continuous improvement; being better than yesterday.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Chief Financial Officer, who can bring next-generation leadership, to join our team. As our Chief Financial Officer, you will act as a strategic business partner to the President and CEO, playing a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall financial strategy. You will have primary responsibility for all of Midtown’s financial activities and will help inform business decisions and executive strategy by providing excellent financial insight to achieve our growth goals. You should have experience working as a CFO in an entrepreneurial company, having managed all aspects of the finance function. You will interact with all parts of the team and act as a strategic advisor to not only the President and CEO but also to the Board and entire executive team being able to provide financial information and operational analytics.
How you’ll Contribute:
- Be a strategic business partner to the President/CEO and Executive team by helping to develop and monitor the company’s strategy using financial information and operational analytics.
- Drive performance across the business, through utilization of key performance indicators and by adeptly presenting relevant financial information at all levels of the organization.
- Create decks of relevant financial updates to present to the Board at quarterly meetings.
- Automate processes and systems to increase efficiency and quality improvements
- Take complete ownership of legal and financial regulatory compliance
- Improve and automate FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Provide prudent management and oversight of company balance sheet and assets
- Manage the accounting systems, processes and procedures in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage and review Finance department’s preparation of timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Lead the efforts to develop a long-term capital plan for the business.
- Provide due diligence support when necessary; and keep financial models up to date
- Partner with shared services departments to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce costs for the benefit of the organization.
- Support portfolio review, including ROI analysis, product lifecycle management and balanced portfolio optimization to enhance profitability and ensure long-term growth.
- Develop and present business strategy proposals.
- Review and validate annual business plans, periodic financial forecasts and ad hoc financial analysis (ex. - capital expenditure, ROA and ROI) to ensure the business leaders understand the implications of the analysis to ensure timely, effective and well-informed decisions are made.
- Partner with President/CEO for acquisition/partnership activities, including target identification, due diligence, financial valuation, post-acquisition integration and execution of the plan.
- Engage with operational leaders to drive business results and achieve annual plans and other financial targets.
- Maintain a strong financial control environment in compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Coach, mentor and develop the teams to ensure that evolving, leadership and expertise is in place for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Attract, develop, and retain outstanding financial management talent and facilitate cross functional teams, developing strong relationships across the organization.
- Serve as the primary interface with our external auditor as well as taking the lead on managing our banking relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA and CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience demonstrating progressive growth in financial and leadership responsibilities with recent executive level seniority.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven track record of financial performance and of being a business partner.
- Experience with transformational ERP implementation leading change with vision, skill and understanding.
- Strategic thinker with the desire to assist implementing strategic initiatives.
- Internally motivated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to plan, organize, establish priorities and meet goals and timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion and proven ability to cultivate top talent and lead diverse, cross-departmental teams.
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership skills.
- Strong desire to dive into the operations of a business.
- Provide sound business judgement, strategic thinking and financial and business perspective across the organization.
- Exhibit outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, ask probing questions and develop innovative solutions.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer