333 Pfingsten Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Club Manager Job in Northbrook
Midtown is looking for a Club Manager to add to our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
The Club Manager focuses primarily on driving the club’s sales functions to meet and exceed sales goals to grow the club’s dues line. Also responsible for providing strong leadership to associates and instilling an exceptional service culture for members. Also responsible for providing the basic business acumen to manage the club to meet or exceed financial, service, operational and other Midtown Health and Continental Athletic Club goals.
- Leads the sales efforts of the club and trains and develops the entire team of associates to consistently achieve and exceed budgeted membership sales goals.
- Drives a strong customer service culture among managers, supervisors and all associates.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Effectively recruits, retains and develops a strong team of talented and dedicated associates.
- Sees that all profit centers (personal training, lockers, fitness programs) are maximizing revenues and keeping profit margins at budgeted levels.
- Ensuring club policies and procedures are executed according to Midtown Health and GlenStar values and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with the Regional General Manager to prepare annual budgets, regular variance statements and annual audits.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on management experience with a successful track record of selling memberships and leading a team of sales associates meet and exceed sales goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, Exercise Management or related fields.
- Strong focus on providing customers with excellent customer service that is above and beyond service norms.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively share skills and knowledge with others.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.