Midtown Athletic Club
135 Interstate North Parkway NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Customer Experience Manager Job in Atlanta
Midtown is looking for a Customer Experience Manager to play a key leadership role while facilitating customer feedback and overseeing the most critical aspects of customer service.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
At Midtown, our promise is to inspire our members to transform their lives. To deliver on that promise Midtown believes in putting the customer at the center of every decision that we make. Our Customer Experience Managers lead the way by serving as the direct line of communication between our members and the Senior Leadership Team while also overseeing the most direct line of contact with members, the reception desk. As the Customer Experience Manager, you will be responsible for executing a customer success strategy in your club. Success will involve every aspect of the club environment every day, so your ability to communicate and to bring teams together will be critical to success.
You will love this job if:
You are strong at developing partnerships, collaborating effectively with others, and bringing people together. You listen intently, communicate clearly, and speak up when necessary. You love brainstorming and formulating new strategies to old problems, even at the risk of failure. You love to lead and find joy in teaching what you know to others. You get excited when you receive or see great service or a customer journey to be remembered.
As Customer Experience Manager, you will:
- Lead Voice of Customer, Midtown's system for member feedback, by processing customer feedback, resolving issues, developing feedback-driven innovation plans, and closing the loop with members across multiple communication channels.
- Work closely with Midtown's People Experience department to ensure people strategies are implemented at the club level.
- Play a lead role in the new member on-boarding process. Working closely with the sales team and club programmers to ensure new members are integrated into aspects of the club they are most interested. Lead the Keep New Member Longer meeting weekly.
- Oversees the front desk or reception teams. In a supervisory role, leads and coaches the first line of contact to our members and guest. This is a critical component to delivering on our customer service objectives.
- Recruit, hire and performance manage reception associates. Ensure that front desk operations such as scheduling and substitutions are complete.
- Deliver customer service training and onboarding to reception team. Hold those team members accountable to high-touch service expectations.
- Assist in planning and attend internal and external club events.
- Sits on the Senior Leadership Team of the club and reports directly to the General Manager.
- Develop and deploy action plans to improve customer onboarding, member retention, Net Promoter Score, and overall growth in member levels and engagement.
- Establish communication strategies for major initiatives that impact the customer experience. Work closely with Central Services to ensure that clubs have the information and resources necessary to operationalize strategic objectives.
- Monitor & manage Key Performance Indicator trends and create a culture of awareness and accountability within the club.
- 2 years experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related fields
- Expertise using data and key performance indicators to help facilitate business decisions
- Functional understanding of process improvement
- Demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Possess self-confidence with a high degree of competitiveness
- Must have availability to work a flexible schedule (including evenings, weekends & some holidays)
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.