High School or Equivalent
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Director of Housekeeping Job in Chicago
Director of Housekeeping
Midtown is looking for a Director of Housekeeping to oversee and develop housekeeping standards across our resort-like clubs. This is a new position for Midtown and it will report directly to the VP of Development and Facilities.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
To support our mission for having resort-like environments and like-new facilities, the Director of Housekeeping will develop and maintain a high standard of excellence at each of our eight locations. This involves establishing various goals, enforcing contractual obligations, and providing leadership and guidance to ensure that safety standards and member expectations are not only met, but exceeded daily.
Someone in this role should have previous housekeeping experience in the hospitality (boutique hotel) industry with multi-site management. A successful candidate can communicate with individuals on several levels, including corporate and site management, and internal and contract housekeeping teams.
We are looking for an individual with a service attitude and a contagious leadership style. You must be able to demonstrate a passion for cleanliness, dependability, honesty and integrity.
- Oversee management of housekeeping and laundry departments for each of our eight clubs
- Review current policies, procedures, products and implement new standards where required.
- Establish and monitor goals for each club
- Ensure site contractual obligations, company policies and procedures are followed
- Implement inventory management system
- Visit clubs continuously to assure compliance of standards
- Inspect clubs and monitor improvement of quality
- Ensure a safe working environment at each club
- Investigate and propose new cleaning techniques, in particular “green” products and new innovations
- Participate regularly at the corporate office for progress and financial meetings
- Ensure compliance to budget with payroll and supplies purchased
- Review club housekeeping/facility budget performance and enforce recommendations for improvement
- Assist in training of new positions as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years of housekeeping management experience; ideally within the health club, boutique hotel and/or hospitality sectors.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate multiple teams
- Resourcefulness in the training, and development of team members
- Customer service and relationship skills to build networks with a clients, customers, and various levels of management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Comfortable working with technology, e.g. maintenance management software, MS Office
- Bilingual, English & Spanish speaking abilities are a plus
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer