High School or Equivalent
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now End User Support Specialist Job in Chicago
Midtown is searching for End User Support Specialists to assist with end user IT support at our clubs.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
The End User Support Specialist is responsible to helping Midtown staff utilize company technology to meet business needs while following our core values. End User Support Specialists are responsible for providing level 1 and level 2 IT assistance and support of end user computer systems, hardware and software at 8 Midtown Health Clubs and 23 Health Centers. As the first line of contact with users, End User Support Specialists must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff over the phone, electronically and/or in person. Additionally, they must interpret end user requests, investigate issues, identify solutions/roadblocks, implement solutions and document all progress in our ticketing system (Freshservice). Work with other teams within the IT department to escalate issues and implement solutions in order to provide a premier IT experience for Midtown staff.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Provide effective, professional and customer-service-focused written/spoken communication to technical and non-technical users as the initial IT contact for Midtown staff.
- Understand the technology business needs of Midtown staff, how they use the technology and be able to anticipate possible issues they may encounter.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting to interpret user requests, investigate issues, identify solutions/roadblocks and implement solutions.
- Accurately document issues, progress, solutions and communications in Midtown’s ticketing system (Freshservice) so that the ticket can serve as a reference to address similar/future issues.
- Improve and expand Midtown IT’s documentation repository by documenting solutions and/or processes as needed.
- Provide over-the-phone, in-person and electronic support for both remote and onsite staff.
- Provide IT onboarding for new staff including creation of accounts/email, telephone setup/configuration, computer imaging/configuration and security/rights groups. Similar responsibilities for off-boarding staff.
- Maintain accurate inventory of laptops, desktops, docking stations and peripherals
- Ability to travel to remote locations (<20%)
- Other duties as assigned
End User Support Specialist requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience using and troubleshooting end-user systems, hardware & software (Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Printers, laptops/desktops, Phone Systems, etc)
- Experience creating/disabling/updating user accounts in Active Directory
- Experience creating email accounts/inboxes in Exchange/Office365.
- Experience using remote support tools such as RDP or SCCM.
- Experience supporting networked drives, UNC paths and folder/file permissions.
- Experience installing and configuring printers locally and via Microsoft Print Management.
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP) related to end user devices such as computers, printers, phones, etc.
- Attention to detail, ability to anticipate and prepare for issues that may arise and provide professional premier-level IT customer support to Midtown staff.
- High school diploma/GED required
- A+ Certification or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Expert in Microsoft Windows 10 and/or Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with networking components such as switches, routers and firewalls.
- Proficiency supporting Office365 environments.
- MCP certification a plus
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.