Midtown Athletic Clubs
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Facilities Director Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Facilities Director to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
At Midtown we are committed to delivering world-class hospitality to our members and we understand the importance that the Facilities team plays in ensuring the consistency of that experience. At Midtown, we do not see Facilities as a department that works behind the scenes. We recognize that the condition and maintenance of our buildings is incredibly important and lays the foundation for an incredible member experience. Without a strong culture of safety, a fanatical approach to club cleanliness and a constant focus on maintaining and caring for our buildings, the Midtown values could not be achieved. The Club Facilities Director is a hands on leader who understands the importance of championing this message throughout the club building a culture of a safe, clean and functional environment for all members, guests and associates.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT & CLUB CLEANLINESS
- Conducts weekly walks of the club with respective Department Heads to assess safety and cleanliness quality. Ensures urgent corrective action to rectify all observations and findings.
- Co-Chair of the Club Injury Prevention Committee.
- Ensures a 24/7 ‘industry leading’ approach to safety and club cleanliness.
- Works with General Manager and National Facilities Director to ensure delivery of all brand standards and initiatives for all aspects of Facilities and Housekeeping.
- Conduct regular maintenance inspections to ensure all equipment receives frequent maintenance checks.
- Adheres to established preventative maintenance schedules.
- Plan, direct, manage and perform general maintenance and preventative maintenance for all areas of the club property.
- Optimize the HotSOS preventative maintenance tool to account for all PM work orders and scheduling.
- Identify and troubleshoot facility and fitness equipment.
- Available and On Call 24/7 for all Facilities/Maintenance emergencies.
VENDORS & PROJECTS
- Coordinate all ongoing Facilities related projects taking place at the club.
- Provide regular reporting and project status updates to General Manager and National Facilities Director.
- Oversee and participate in all capital improvement projects as needed.
- Ensure all vendor contracts are executed to Midtown standards and when necessary flagged to General Manager for revision.
- Consistently seeking ways to improve upon Housekeeping procedures, including regular cost analysis, lean efficiencies and quality control of towel and laundry services.
- Management of Housekeeping payroll, including approval for all over-time and un-forecasted labor hours.
- Ownership of the overall member experience for Housekeeping, including regular focus on the Locker Room Facilities.
- Partner with the General Manager and National Facilities Director to recruit and develop the best Facilities and Housekeeping teams in the industry.
- Evaluate and develop the Facilities and Housekeeping teams to grow strengths and impact positive change to the brand.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for recruitment and retention of world-class facilities and housekeeping talent and committed to Gain, Train and Retain.
- Holds Facilities and Housekeeping teams accountable for the timely completion and accurate communication of brand initiatives, fostering a culture of accountability and driving forward brand momentum.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION\
Operational knowledge of HVAC and related mechanical preferred.
Knowledge of Fire and Life Safety equipment and OSHA Standards.
At least 7 years of hands on Facility Maintenance experience.
Holds a minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience in related field.
Understanding of Housekeeping Operations preferable.
Computer literacy in MS Office, Preventative Maintenance Systems (HotSOS) and Building Automation Systems.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.