Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
215 West 63rd Street
Willowbrook, IL 60527
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Facilities Director Job in Willowbrook
Midtown is looking for a Facilities Director to lead our Facilities & Maintenance team to success.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
As an integral part of the leadership team our Facilities Directors ensure a safe, clean and functional environment for members, guests, and associates by:
- Demonstrating sound leadership, professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Consistently presenting a pleasant, attentive and courteous attitude toward members, guests and fellow associates
- Planning, directing, managing and performing general maintenance, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping needs for all areas of club property
- Identifying and troubleshooting facility and fitness equipment repair on a daily basis
- Adhering to established preventative maintenance standards
- Committing to Gain, Train, and Retain talent through coach development and career pathway
- Overseeing and participating in capital improvement projects
- Continuously seeking ways to improve facilities maintenance and housekeeping procedures
- Acting as a positive role model and leading a team of maintenance and housekeeping associates
- Fostering a collaborative team work environment
- Making recommendations to reduce energy consumption
Facilities Directors requirements:
- Have at least 5 years of hands-on facility maintenance experience
- Hold a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in related field
- Possess practical knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Have functional knowledge and experience in one or more trades related to facilities maintenance (i.e. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool maintenance, and general maintenance)
- Demonstrate ability to effectively supervise and direct others
- Possess problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making abilities
- Have the ability to translate priorities into field decisions
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.