Midtown Athletic Clubs
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
1760 North Hicks Road
Palatine, IL 60074
MIDTOWN is looking for a Facilities Manager to add to our world-class organization.
Midtown is committed to delivering world-class hospitality to members and we understand the importance the Facilities team plays in ensuring the consistency of that experience. We do not view Facilities as a department that works behind the scenes. We recognize that the condition and maintenance of our buildings are incredibly important and establishes the foundation for an incredible member experience. Without a strong culture of safety, a fanatical approach to club cleanliness, functioning facilities and equipment, and a constant focus on maintaining and caring for our buildings, the Midtown values will not be achieved.
Our Palatine location is a resort-like athletic club nestled in a forest grove with beautiful views of the surrounding nature preserve. Showcasing everything in one location, our members enjoy 13 world-class Indoor and Outdoor Tennis Courts, Squash, Racquetball, Group Exercise, Cardio & Strength Training, Cycling, Basketball, Volleyball, Yoga, Pilates Reformer, Mat Pilates, Indoor and Outdoor Pools, Kids Summer Camps, Resort-like Spa Experience with Salon Services, a Bistro with Contemporary Indoor Dining, Boutique Retail, Luxury Showers, Private Lockers, Executive Locker Services and more…
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Facilities Manager is a hands on leader who understands the importance of championing this message throughout the club building a culture of a safe, clean and functional environment for all members, guests and associates. The manager handles all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention toward safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT & FUNCTIONING FACILITIES
• Conducts daily walk-throughs and ensures urgent corrective action to remedy all issues and deficiencies.
• Partners with all stakeholders-members and staff alike, to create an attractive and safe environment at all times.
• Works with General Manager and National Facilities Director to ensure delivery of all brand standards and initiatives for all aspects of the facility
• Conducts regular maintenance inspections to ensure all equipment receives proper preventative maintenance on schedules created and or previously established by the Club, standard best practices, and or manufacturers guidelines
• Plan, direct, manage and perform general maintenance and preventative maintenance for all areas of the club property.
• Optimize the use of the established RPM preventative maintenance tool to account for all PM work orders and scheduling.
• Identify and troubleshoot facility and fitness equipment when necessary
• Available and On Call 24/7 for all Facilities/Maintenance emergencies related to club and hotel.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, laundry, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Partners with housekeeping director to establish and manage an effective maintenance and cleaning program.
VENDORS & PROJECTS
• Coordinate all ongoing Facilities related projects taking place at the Club
• Provide regular reporting and project status updates to GM and National Facilities Director.
• Oversee and participates in all capital improvement projects as needed.
• Ensure all vendor contracts are executed to Midtown standards and, when necessary, flagged to GM and or National Facilities Director for revision.
• Empowers facilities department employees to provide excellent customer service-taking a proactive and friendly approach.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Attends all required manager meetings
• Participate in the MOD schedule, which may include closing duties at least one regularly scheduled night per week.
• Partners with the National Facilities Director to recruit and develop the best Facilities team in the industry.
• Evaluate and develop the Facilities team to grow strengths and impact positive change to the brand.
• Provides guidance and recommendations for recruitment and retention of world-class facilities and committed to Gain, Train and Retain.
• Holds Facilities team accountable for the timely completion and accurate communication of brand initiatives, fostering a culture of accountability and driving
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION
• Strong operational knowledge of HVAC and related mechanical preferable.
• Technical training or equivalent experience in engineering and maintenance required.
• CFM or IFMA certification preferable.
• Knowledge of Fire and Life Safety equipment and OSHA Standards.
• At least 5 years of hands on Facility Maintenance experience.
• Holds a minimum of 3+ years of management experience in related field.
• Understanding of Housekeeping & Laundry Operations preferable.
• Experience with swimming pool maintenance preferable.
• Computer literacy in MS Office, Preventative Maintenance Systems like FMX and Building Automation Systems.
• Degree from an accredited university preferable.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
Bring your unique personality to Midtown and strengthen your career.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.