1760 North Hicks Road
Palatine, IL 60074
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Facilities Manager Job in Palatine
Midtown Athletic Club Palatine is looking for a Facility Manager to add to our world-class organization.
Midtown is committed to delivering world-class hospitality to members and we understand the importance the facilities team plays in ensuring the quality of that experience. We do not view facilities as a department that works behind the scenes. Without a strong culture of safety, well-functioning facilities and equipment, and a constant focus on maintaining and caring for our spaces, Midtown values will not be achieved.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Facility Manager is a hands-on leader who understands the importance of building a culture of safe, clean and functional environments for all members, guests and associates. The Facility Manager handles all engineering/maintenance operations, including hands on building maintenance with particular attention toward efficiency, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance schedule and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues. The Facility Manager sits on the Senior Leadership Team with other department leads.
- Plan, direct, manage and perform regular maintenance inspections to ensure all equipment receives proper preventative maintenance on schedules created and/or previously established by the club, standard best practices, or manufacturers guidelines.
- Optimize the use of the established RPM preventative maintenance tool to account for all PM work orders and scheduling.
- Manage the physical plant including pools, fitness equipment, laundry, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT & FUNCTIONING FACILITIES
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and ensure timely corrective action to remedy all issues and deficiencies.
- Sit on Senior Leadership Team to coordinate club activities and programs safely.
- Work with General Manager and National Facilities Director to ensure delivery of all brand standards of the facility.
VENDORS & PROJECTS
- Coordinate all ongoing facilities-related projects taking place at the club.
- Oversee and participate in capital improvement projects as needed.
- Ensure all vendor contracts are executed to Midtown standards and per contract agreements.
- Display leadership by exemplifying excellent member service and creating a positive team atmosphere.
- Partner with the National Facilities Director to recruit and develop the best facilities team in the industry.
- Evaluate, develop and nurture the facilities team to grow strengths and impact positive change.
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION
- Technical training or equivalent experience in engineering and maintenance required.
- Demonstrated ability in operating commercial pools with high usage demands.
- Current Certified Pool Operator license, or equivalent, preferable; advanced training a plus.
- Experience with tennis court and landscaping maintenance preferable.
- Strong operational knowledge of HVAC, basic electrical, plumbing, and/or refrigeration preferable.
- Facility Manager certification (CFM, IFMA, or equivalent) preferable.
- Knowledge of fire and life safety equipment and workplace safety standards.
- At least 5 years of hands-on facility maintenance experience.
- Holds a minimum of 3+ years of management experience in related field.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and preventative maintenance systems, e.g. FMX and Building Automation Systems.
- Degree from an accredited university preferable.
To submit application, please apply online or send resume to email@example.com
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more