Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now General Manager - Midtown Health Job in Chicago
Midtown Health is looking for a General Manager to lead our team to success!
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Our General Manager is the leader of a health club with multiple revenue streams. The scope of the role is broad however our most successful managers are laser focused on what makes the greatest impact on our associate and members experiences. Your primary responsibilities are:
- Coach: Hiring, onboarding, retaining, and coaching a highly functioning, cohesive leadership team.
- Strategy Evangelist: Ensuring that associates at all levels of the organization have clarity towards our goals and important messages are cascaded.
- Sales-minded: Creating a club-wide sales culture focused on net membership growth through establishing best practices for member acquisition and new member onboarding.
- Member Experience Expert: Evaluating the member experience through the members eyes and innovate against feedback.
You’ll also help us progress in our goal to keep new members longer by:
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures to ensure profitability and sound financial growth of club
- Analyzing, developing and maintaining systems/procedures to improve operating efficiency
- Assisting in preparing annual budgets and reporting on period performance through regular variance statements.
- Being responsible for analyzing a great deal of information daily to assess and proactively respond to the health of the business
- Regularly conducting competitive analysis to identify and leverage club’s advantage in marketplace
- Managing operational expenses by mitigating procedural inefficiencies and wasteful expenditures
General Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on General Management experience
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations
- Possess a strong financial acumen with the ability to quickly identify and effectively respond to financial variances
- Expertise using data to identify and utilize key performance indicators to drive business results
- Functional understanding of process improvement, marketing, branding, sales management and organizational re-engineering
- Ability to lead complex business operations with a history of reducing expenses, growing revenue and increasing profits
- Must be an astute, results-oriented, visionary leader with a history of achieving organizational objectives in competitive markets
- Demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Possess ability to build high-performance teams and effectively manage associate performance
- Demonstrate sound judgment and history of making good business decisions
- Possess self-confidence with a high degree of competitiveness
- Demonstrate ability to effectively share skills and knowledge with others
- Possess proficient interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Possess ability to actively listen to others and build rapport
- Possess an eye for detail
- Sees no function too big or too small and does whatever it takes to get job done
- Is willing to actively participate and engage in all facets of club business
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.