2444 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Hair Stylist/Colorist Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Hair Stylist/Colorist to join our world-class spa team.
Our Hair Stylists are courteous professionals interested in promoting the well-being and satisfaction of our members and guests. They are an integral part of our organization and:
- Provide hair treatments in accordance with established procedures
- Are proactive about learning new hair trends and techniques
- Maintain cleanliness of spa areas throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty lines, and secure supplies at end of shift
- Partner with and assist other associates to promote spa services and achieve department goals
- Promote Spa/salon services and sell retail products
- Address needs in a professional, positive and timely manner
Our Hair Stylists:
- Have a minimum of one year of experience as a hair stylist; demonstrating a high level of proficiency
- Demonstrate a high level of client service with courtesy and attentiveness
- Maintain physical image of salon as well as supply inventory
- Promote their own work as well as participation in club programs/events
- Must adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Friendly, personable, and passionate about hair
- Great communicator and fantastic with time management skills
- Very reliable and able to work independently
- Excellent technical styling abilities which include blowouts, braids, color, cuts, and formal styling
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more