2211 Waukegan Road
Bannockburn, IL 60015
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Housekeeping Manager Job in Bannockburn
We are looking for an energetic, reliable, and attention to detail-oriented Housekeeping Manager to join the Midtown Athletic Club team in Bannockburn. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
The main purpose of this position is to manage the housekeeping and laundry staff, and operations of all housekeeping cleanliness related to the club. The Housekeeping Manager role must ensure that the club consistently meets Midtown’s standards for cleanliness and safety.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to and consistently apply Midtown’s policies and procedures.
- Teamwork: must be available to step outside the normal roles, have a flexible schedule, ensure constant communication between other department heads.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and evaluate housekeeping staff.
- Follow-up and follow through on work performed. Ensure communication and pass-on between the different shifts.
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Perform 30, 60, & 90-day review on all new hires
- Required to assist with Manager on Duty’s ("MOD") shifts.
- Train all new staff with the customized, club-specific cleaning checklists
- Complete cleanliness inspections (walk-through) with AGM and Housekeeping Director.
- Host daily Huddle meetings with each AM and PM shift.
- Report to the AGM daily for open tasks
- Ensure adequate inventory of all housekeeping supplies. Ordering and receiving once a month. Ensure inventory is kept clean and organized.
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs, deliver feedback to housekeeping team when needed.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of emergency procedures
- Host monthly Housekeeping Team meetings with AGM and Housekeeping Director.
- Maintain high visibility during peak club hours
- Ensure high level of customer service
- Perform all other projects and responsibilities as required
- Develop weekly Housekeeping Schedule based on business demands and within budgetary guidelines.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more