Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Human Resources Business Partner Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a full-time HR Business Partner (HRBP) to establish valuable business partnerships, deliver exceptional HR services and ensure a great culture for our associates.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
This position reports to the Vice President of People Experience (PX) and is responsible for providing HR expertise for their assigned Clubs. At Midtown, we are passionate about the experiences and services we provide our associates and recently rebranded the Human Resources department to the People Experience (PX) department. This role will be referred to as the People Experience Business Partner, PXBP. The PXBP requires a strong knowledge and ability to drive and influence decisions related to talent management, performance management, employee relations, employment law, employee engagement and training and development. The PXBP provides direction through strong partnership and operational delivery and is a trusted partner and consultant.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Provide HR expertise that aligns Clubs to the Midtown Advantage strategy and the programs and processes being developed by the People Experience (PX) department
- Act as an extension of the senior leadership team for the Clubs that you support. Assist in positively impacting the business strategy at the Club level and ensuring impactful communication and high levels of associate engagement
- Partner and ensure successful implementation of all PX policies, processes and programs
- Follow our processes for all employee relations investigations and ensure all managers are following our corrective discipline processes
- Ensure all processes are compliant with all employment laws and regulations. Monitor for training needs and facilitate all training required to maintain compliance and education needs
- Measure and report on PX key metrics and work with clubs to develop action plans as needed
- Provide training as required for Talent Management and Performance Management
- Ensure associate engagement eNPS action plans are aligned with the Midtown Advantage and our Midtown culture and that the clubs are always striving for improvement
- Act as the first point of contact for all PX requests
- Work with Clubs to prioritize all PX needs and maintain open lines of communications regarding programs and upcoming due dates
- Minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience required, with at least 5 years as a Business Partner
- Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution required (PHR,SPHR preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of ER investigations, US labor and employment law, talent management, performance management
- Knowledge of Canadian Labour Code as it pertains to employee and employer rights, ability to speak and communicate in French and experience supporting Canadian employees is desired.
- Experience supporting employees in multiple locations and developing strong relationships with multiple senior leaders
- Accomplished facilitator of training
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Strong business acumen and ability to actively listen to others and build rapport
- Strong track record of process development and implementation and change management
- Agile and innovative, strategic thinker, ability to balance data and business needs to make the best recommendations and ability to take initiative to drive results
- Experienced with HRIS systems and Microsoft Office
- Sees no task as too big or too small and does whatever it takes to get the job done
- Live our values in all daily interactions
- 50% of time is required to be spent onsite in assigned clubs. Midtown’s corporate office and 4 of the clubs are located in Chicago-land, and the remaining Clubs are located in US and Canada
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer