Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Human Resources Business Partner Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for an HR Business Partner to drive our Talent strategies within our Athletic Clubs by working in partnership with our General Managers and People Experience Department.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of these pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as “glass half full,” are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
This position reports to the Vice President of People Experience (PX) and is responsible for partnering with General Managers and their Senior Leadership Teams to drive Talent and People Experience strategies at the Athletic Clubs. This role, referred to as People Experience Business Partner (PXBP) requires a strong background in Talent and/or general management skills.
- The primary focus is to implement projects and processes at the Clubs related to Talent Management, Culture and Engagement, Onboarding, New Hire Orientation, Coaching, Feedback, Training, Leadership Development, 9Box, Development Plans, Organizational Development, Change Management and Performance Management.
- The Business Partner is the PX Department primary point of contact on all large Club initiatives, including facility transformations, HRIS system implementations and acquisitions, and will work closely with the Club and other members of the PX Department.
- The PXBP will also collaborate on Employee Relations issues and will require knowledge of employment law and compliance, constructive discipline processes, Reductions in Force, etc. They will be the primary contact for any employment related charges and items that require employment counsel escalations.
- The PXBP is a partner to the General Manager and provides support, direction and drives the implementation of the agreed upon Talent Strategies at the Clubs.
- Minimum of 5 years of total leadership experience within any of the following functions: Talent Management, Organizational Development or Managing a Function outside of the Human Resources Function
- 3-5 years as an HR Business Partner
- Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution required (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP, sHRBP preferred)
- Strong track record of implementing Talent strategies across multiple locations
- Experienced using Engagement and/or eNPS surveys to drive improvements to company culture and engagement
- Experience supporting employees across multiple locations and developing strong relationships with multiple senior leaders
- Accomplished facilitator of training
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Strong business acumen and ability to actively listen to others and build rapport
- Agile and innovative, strategic thinker, ability to balance data and business needs to make the best recommendations and ability to take initiative to drive results
- Extensive knowledge of ER investigations, US labor and employment law, talent management, performance management. (Knowledge of Canadian Labour Code as it pertains to employee and employer rights, ability to speak and communicate in French and experience supporting Canadian employees preferred)
- Experienced working with HRIS systems and Microsoft Office. (Experience implementing HRIS systems preferred)
- Sees no task as too big or too small and does whatever it takes to get the job done
- Live our values in all daily interactions
- 50% of time is required to be spent onsite in assigned clubs. Midtown’s corporate office and 4 of the clubs are located in Chicago-land, and the remaining Clubs are located in US and Canada
- Initially this role would support: Bannockburn IL, Willowbrook, IL, Montreal QC, Atlanta, GA, and Weston, FL
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* To apply for this position, please submit an application online or send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org