3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now L&D Specialist Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a full-time L&D Specialist to partner with our People Experience department and senior leadership to create, document and deliver exceptional training and education for our associates.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
This position reports to the Vice President of People Experience (PX) and works closely with all members of the People Experience team to support and document all training, process and policy needs. The L&D Specialist will also support all National Directors and VP Operations to create a best in class training and learning environment for all Midtown Associates.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Create and document PX and national training materials including user guides, facilitator guides, completion tests, certificates and any other materials required for best in class training and education experience
- Create and maintain new hire orientation and onboarding decks
- Create and maintain attendance and completion trackers for orientation and onboarding for all new hires within a decentralized environment
- Document all PX processes and policies
- Partner with content experts and marketing to ensure all materials are within branding standards, are consistent and have a professional and engaging look and feel
- Function as the LMS administrator
L&D Specialist Requirements
- Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution (PHR preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of broad HR experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Ability to actively listen to others and build rapport
- Excellent project management, organization, follow up skills required
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Experience in adult education learning principles
- Experience in developing user guides, facilitator guides, curriculum, and delivering training programs
- Technically savvy and a proven track record of working with Microsoft Office and LMS system(s)
- Enthusiastic and sees no task as too big or too small and does whatever it takes to get the job done
- Up to 25% travel across our 8 clubs and corporate office is required (corporate office and 4 clubs are located in the Chicago-land area, and the others in US and Canada)
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.