2444 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Lifecycle Marketing Manager Job in Chicago
About the Job:
Midtown exists to inspire people to transform their lives. As our Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will help us accomplish that goal by overseeing all aspects of our customer journey marketing. You will identify high-impact landmarks along that journey, create engaging and delightful communications, and push for deeper engagement with prospects and members that drive sales, retention, and referrals. Your work will inspire prospects to visit the club, motivate them to join our community, passionately onboard them into club life, help them build healthy habits, and get them excited about sharing with their friends.
You will strategize, execute, report on, and optimize automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across all CRM channels (including email, SMS, push notifications, and chat bot). You will work in our CRM to segment and personalize our communications based on the data available to you. You will let your personality and creativity shine through in your writing style, speaking to our customers like human beings (not corporate automatons).
In your role, you will work closely with the digital marketing team, as well as our creative team, sales, operations, and IT leadership to accomplish your goals—leading high-impact inter-department projects.
To be successful in this role, you need the ability to understand our prospects’ and members’ POV, then use those insights to strategize the right messages, cadence, and follow-up actions to further engage them with the club. You can manage multiple priority projects at once, creating clarity with our team and ensuring you deliver on the most important projects. You are a systems thinker who sees the big picture of our customers’ journeys. You care about achieving audacious goals, working through excuses, and owning your end result. You are an excellent communicator who can translate detailed digital marketing challenges and decisions to non-experts. You have a passion for learning and are always staying ahead of digital marketing trends. You are comfortable organizing and interpreting data, surfacing trends and insights that result in change, improvement, and further testing.
You will report to our Director of Digital Marketing and sit on the digital marketing team. The team is based out of our HQ office in Chicago and works across all club locations. The role is hybrid work-from-home and in the office.
Role & Responsibilities
· Create and deploy marketing email, SMS, conversational chat, in-app experiences, and push campaigns that engage and delight our prospects and members, pulling them from leads to members to advocates. You will gather creative assets, write copy, design communications, map user journeys, and build campaigns within our marketing technology platforms.
· You will play a key role in identifying our biggest areas of opportunity in our lifecycle marketing efforts.
· You will work in our CRM & marketing automation platform (HubSpot) to segment our audiences to deliver highly personalized and effective messaging.
· You will build, manage, and optimize key automated messaging journeys—focusing on important moments in our customer’s journey and strategizing how to turn our communications into experiential value-adds. Those moments include: when customers first become a prospect, after their club tour, their member onboarding experience, and more.
· You will work with the rest of our digital marketing team and agencies to ensure our lifecycle marketing ties in with our other digital campaigns.
How You’ll Succeed
· You love the craft of writing and put yourself into the shoes of your audience to ensure our messages are valuable to them. You are creative. Your writing does not read like corporate-speak.
· You are equally driven by the analytical—able to understand and speak to your metrics to a non-expert audience.
· You seek opportunities to optimize messaging and automated journeys, and maintain processes to create, manage, and report on A/B tests.
· You stay on top of your KPIs, understanding the need for trends on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
· You are highly organized, both in your time management and of the library of automated messaging campaigns and workflows you build and oversee.
· You value collaboration and intentionally integrate yourself into the larger organization, developing strong relationships with other leaders and colleagues at all levels of the company.
· You live our core values every day.
· At least five years working in lifecycle marketing, email marketing, or marketing automation.
· Proven track record of managing successful email marketing and SMS campaigns, including both automated journeys and one-off messages.
· Demonstrated writing ability.
· Experience creating successful digital marketing strategies, from insight to execution to reporting to optimization.
· Project lead on at least one major lifecycle journey mapping project, including identifying landmarks, writing communications, building them within a marketing automation platform, and optimizing for results.
· Proven success optimizing multiple conversion points along a B2C sales funnel, including MQL to SQL and customer to advocate.
· Strong experience with change management, successfully communicating and getting alignment across an organization for a change you led.
You’ll love this job if:
· You are relentlessly curious and driven to learn more about our brand, our customers, our business, and your craft.
· You enjoy working on a high performing team—celebrating team wins and helping others be better than yesterday. You are a player-coach.
· Surface level knowledge is not enough, and you do what it takes to achieve.
To apply, you may send your resume/ CV to: email@example.com
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more