Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Lifeguard Manager Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Lifeguard Manager to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard Manager will oversee the safety of the pools by supervising the entire lifeguard team. In addition to supervision the Lifeguard Manager will also be responsible for hiring all seasonal staff in addition to onboarding, monthly trainings and schedules. This candidate must be able to enforce pool and deck etiquette with an appropriate member service approach. This role will require an ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately and professionally and to take necessary steps to stabilize. The ideal candidate must be able to lead by example and play an active role in inspiring people to transform lives as Midtown members.
- Oversee all season lifeguard team and communicate all daily assignments
- Hire and onboard all new lifeguard associates
- Prepare monthly in-service trainings
- Create monthly lifeguard schedules for 12 months of calendar year
- Prepare seasonal training manual and prepare for summer months
- Serve as deck supervisor 1-2 days a week
- Serve as head lifeguard 1-2 shifts a week
- Manage any necessary changes to be made to pool schedule, working directly with Aquatics Director
- Manage any member concerns or complaints as they arise
- Control all pool situations and scenarios
- Ensure lifeguard team is familiar with all pool and deck etiquette
- Keep pools and aquatics closet orderly
- Order new lifeguard equipment seasonally as well as when needed
- Develop lifeguard team building exercises throughout the year
- Be knowledgeable in discussing all aquatics programs and Midtown Club policies
- Reassign pool staff needs when weather permitting
- Communicate all problems or potential problems to Supervisors or Manager on Duty
- Approve lifeguard payroll through Kronos
- All other job duties are assigned by manager/supervisor.
- Maintain current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, or acquire within 90 days of hire
- Effective time Management Skills
- Organized, positive and personable
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to handle member complaints and concerns in a professional and productive manner
- Ability to lead by example for team
- Lifeguarding experience (2 years minimum)
- Administrative experience (2 years minimum)
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.