Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Lifeguard Manager Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Lifeguard Manager to watch over the safety of our pools and oversee our lifeguard team.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard Manager will oversee the safety of the pools by supervising the entire lifeguard team. In addition to supervision the Lifeguard Manager will also be responsible for hiring all seasonal staff in addition to onboarding, monthly trainings and schedules. This candidate must be able to enforce pool and deck etiquette with an appropriate member service approach. This role will require an ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately and professionally and to take necessary steps to stabilize. The ideal candidate must be able to lead by example and play an active role in inspiring people to transform lives as Midtown members.
Lifeguard Manager responsibilities:
- Oversee all season lifeguard team and communicate all daily assignments
- Hire and onboard all new lifeguard associates
- Prepare monthly in-service trainings
- Create monthly lifeguard schedules for 12 months of calendar year
- Prepare seasonal training manual and prepare for summer months
- Serve as deck supervisor 1-2 days a week
- Serve as head lifeguard 1-2 shifts a week
- Manage any necessary changes to be made to pool schedule, working directly with Aquatics Director
- Manage any member concerns or complaints as they arise
- Control all pool situations and scenarios
- Ensure lifeguard team is familiar with all pool and deck etiquette
- Keep pools and aquatics closet orderly
- Order new lifeguard equipment seasonally as well as when needed
- Develop lifeguard team building exercises throughout the year
- Be knowledgeable in discussing all aquatics programs and Midtown Club policies
- Reassign pool staff needs when weather permitting
- Communicate all problems or potential problems to Supervisors or Manager on Duty
- Approve lifeguard payroll
Lifeguard Manager requirements:
- Maintain current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, or acquire within 90 days of hire
- Effective time Management Skills
- Organized, positive and personable
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to handle member complaints and concerns in a professional and productive manner
- Ability to lead by example for team
- 2 years Lifeguarding experience
- 2 years Administrative experience
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.