Food & Beverage
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now National Director of Food & Beverage Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a National Director of Food and Beverage to lead our F&B teams and ensure our standards are upheld.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Under the direction of the VP Ops, they will provide financial and operational direction and guidance to the F&B operations with the objective of maximizing talent as well as profitability. Responsible for location management oversight and of all F&B operations, and acting as a teacher and mentor to fuel overall management development. Also responsible for partnership with and support of location General Managers to ensure alignment of company and F&B standards in the locations. Supports the location F&B leaders to allow them autonomy and ownership to make decisions for their individual businesses in support of company and club objectives. Assesses quality in every facet of the business, pushing locations to achieve excellence on a daily basis. Acts as a storyteller for company F&B, keeping “The Midtown Advantage” and Core Values in the forefront and sharing best practices throughout the entire Company.
National F&B Director Responsibilities:
- Partner and Customer Focus, Developing Winning Teams, Seeing the Bigger Picture, Innovating and Improving and Delivering Results
- Leadership and Internal Relationship Building:
- Ensures open communication and understanding between Home Office and operations
- Promotes and instills Midtown business standards throughout all levels of F&B management.
- Participates in the hiring and development of business leaders to ensure operations live up to “The Midtown Advantage” and Core Values.
- Ensures smooth new leader transitions within locations
- Conducts one on ones with location F&B leaders once a week
- Promotes a team building and cooperative work environment that maximizes productivity and morale.
- Coaches and mentors and develops high potential senior business leaders.
- Interviews all Director, Manager, and Assistant Manager level candidates for hire.
- Uses succession planning standards and development plans to build the bench in preparation for National staffing needs
- Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout the company
- Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Fosters an environment of inclusion and unity at all levels throughout the Company
- Partners with location business leaders to develop strategies that achieve maximum sales growth by building top line sales and controlling expenses
- Ensures complete compliance with all aspects of financial controls within the company
- Participates in the development of appropriate and accurate budgets to ensure all F&B operations within the Company meet expectations
- Participates in pricing decisions that maximize profit and meet Company expectations
- Reviews operational unit forecasts to ensure accuracy of monthly projections and going out number for key statistics such as sales, PBITDAR and PBIT prior to VP Ops signoff
- In conjunction with location F&B leaders, reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Understands and trains location F&B leaders on all Midtown financial control systems
- Ensures implementation of innovative and creative ideas that drive incremental sales and organic growth
- Ensures full compliance and execution of all Home Office initiatives, procedures and core signature standards
- Oversees new Company initiatives to ensure proper introduction and execution
- Ensures high quality member presentation of all locations by conducting quality, safety, and sanitation inspections
- Projects pro forma development with finance on capital spend business cases
- Assists in communicating long-term strategic plan for the Company
- Develops and executes creative and innovative ideas to enhance all operations within the Company
- Works with VP Ops and corporate department leaders to streamline communications, standardizations and minimize expenses across the Company
- Establishes and maintains effective community relations and actively participate in professional and civic activities to promote organization
- Implements programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit
- Ensures that all managers and chefs within the Company have the proper tools to deliver “The Midtown Advantage” and Core Values.
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
- Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents
- A minimum of 8 years Food and Beverage Management experience at a Director of Operations/General Manager level in a high volume operation.
- Experience managing a high volume operation.
- Budgeting, forecasting, sales experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com