2444 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now National Program Director Job in Chicago
The National Program Director is responsible for overseeing the Fitness Programming and all aspects of the fitness & aquatics experience within the Company. This charismatic and driven Leader is responsible for the creation, delivery, and auditing of studio fitness programming across the company. They will take ownership of the Boutique Studio inside a Club model and the successful delivery of the Midtown Member Experience. They own the Midtown branded programs and evaluate the delivery of such programs: providing coaching and direction to the Program Managers in each Club. They have ownership of all fitness and aquatics related operations in conjunction with the Head of Product, Vice President of Operations and Club General Manager. This person will improve financial results through tactical planning, optimizing talent and developing relevant associate performance. They will manage project outcomes while increasing revenue, streamlining processes, and establishing standards to enhance operational excellence and improve member satisfaction.
- Ensure all operations are executed in line with Midtown’s core values and purpose
- Coach the Program Managers, Studio Managers, Head Coaches and Aquatics Managers at each club on a regular and consistent basis to ensure studio and coach programming are delivered at or above expectations
- Partner with General Managers to set annual goals for the Program Managers, while setting company wide goals for high volume Fitness positions, such as Coaches & Instructors
- Partner Head of Product to deliver best in class studio concepts for Midtown Members to support acquisition and retention goals.
- Partner National Directors & Marketing department to build out seasonal programming and event-based calendars across the company
- Build and maintain strong global fitness community relationships and promote the brand image to enhance Midtown’s positioning across the health club sector
- Create, implement, and direct Standard Operating Procedures for fitness and aquatics to ensure maximum return on group branded programming
- Regularly conduct competitive analysis to identify and leverage club’s advantage in the marketplace.
- Collaborate on the preparation of annual budgets and regular variance statements
- Actively seeking member/associate input to address concerns and improve quality of experience for members in all locations
- Collaborate with the corporate and club sales and marketing teams to ensure clarity of Midtown’s entire fitness product offering
- Creating and delivering education-based associate training and succession programs
- Create and implement proven programming activations across multiple studios and clubs
- Partner the National Fitness Education Coordinator in the development and coordination of all fitness educations
- Oversee all areas of Fitness & Pilates Coaching across the company.
- Minimum of 6 years of Fitness/Wellness experience, preferably in a multi-site position with a successful track record of leading multi-million-dollar operations
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or related fields
- Minimum of 6 years Managerial or Director level experience overseeing personnel management, including hiring, supervision, performance management and evaluations
- Have experience of the ‘boutique’ fitness model and integrating that into a full-service club operation
- Expertise using data to identify and utilize key performance indicators to drive business results
- Must be an astute, results-oriented, visionary leader with a history of achieving organizational objectives in competitive markets
- Demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Possess ability to build high-performance teams and effectively manage associate performance
- Demonstrate sound judgment and history of making good business decisions
- Possess self-confidence and optimism with a high degree of competitiveness
- Demonstrate ability to effectively share skills and knowledge with others
- Possess proficient interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Possess ability to actively listen to others and build rapport
- Possess an eye for detail with sound aesthetic judgment and ability to create environmental ambiance
To submit application please apply online or send resume to Talent@Midtown.com
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives–and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We're looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more