Midtown Athletic Clubs
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
200 East Highland Drive
Rochester, NY 14610
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Personal Training Manager Job in Rochester
Midtown is looking for a Personal Training Manager to join our world-class team.
Personal Training Manager is responsible for overseeing the Personal Trainers, Coach on Duty, paid Small Group Training, and all aspects of the Fitness floor experience within the club. A key component of this role is ensuring the recruitment and onboarding of Coaches.
- Oversee the Coach on Duty / Fitness Instructors position within the Club. This position is integral to the overall Fitness experience & a developmental opportunity for new Personal Trainers
- Oversee Start Strong – Our new Member onboarding program
- Recruit and onboard Coaches to ensure we have enough Coaches to meet the membership & financial demands of the Club.
- Routinely evaluate the performance of the Coaches. Offering ongoing support and training.
- Overseeing the biannual evaluation of the coaches in alignment with the Coaching Criteria
- Supporting the Program Director in annual department budget preparation
- Author financial variance reports monthly for your Program Director
- Ensure Fitness floor is organized and clean at all times.
- Establish/ manage fitness equipment preventative maintenance program. Ensuring all fitness equipment in good working order.
- Attend required meetings
- Follow all club/company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Manual(s)
- Accept and complete any special assignments as deemed appropriate by the Program Director
Upon hire, the Personal Training Manager must have:
- 4 years Industry Experience
- 2 years Management Experience
- Nationally recognized Fitness certifications
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Basic mathematical aptitude
- Performance and strength training experience
- Current CPR certification
- Is organized and detail oriented
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following skills/attributes:
- Sales and promotional aptitude
- Networker and recruiter
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work with others as a team player
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.