Midtown Athletic Club
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
1760 North Hicks Road
Palatine, IL 60074
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Personal Training Manager Job in Palatine
Midtown is looking for a Personal Training Manager to lead our fitness team to success!
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Personal Training Manager is responsible for overseeing the Personal Trainers, Coach on Duty, paid Small Group Training, and all aspects of the Fitness floor experience within the club. A key component of this role is ensuring the recruitment and onboarding of Coaches as well as ensuring the smooth operations of our fitness department in the club by:
- Overseeing the Coach on Duty / Fitness Instructors position within the Club. This position is integral to the overall Fitness experience & a developmental opportunity for new Personal Trainers.
- Overseeing Launch, our member onboarding program.
- Recruiting and onboarding coaches to ensure we have enough coaches to meet the membership & financial demands of the Club.
- Routinely evaluating the performance of the coaches as well as offering ongoing support and training.
- Overseeing the biannual evaluation of the coaches in alignment with the Coaching Criteria
- Supporting the Program Director in annual department budget preparation.
- Authoring financial variance reports monthly for your Program Director.
- Ensuring fitness floor is organized and clean at all times.
- Establishing and managing fitness equipment preventative maintenance program to ensure all fitness equipment is in good working order.
- Attending required meetings.
- Following all club/company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Personal Training Manager Requirements:
- 4 years Industry Experience
- 2 years Management Experience
- Nationally recognized Fitness certification
- Current CPR certification
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer