Midtown Athletic Club
2211 Waukegan Road
Bannockburn, IL 60015
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Platform Tennis Coach Job in Bannockburn
Midtown is looking for a Platform Tennis Coach to join our world-class racquet sports team in Bannockburn, IL.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
As an integral part of the leadership team, our Platform Tennis Coaches inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. They encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Demonstrating professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Increasing visibility of tennis offerings within the community
- Engaging more members in more programs and with more coaches
- Maintaining tennis areas to promote an exceptional facility experience
- Providing adult, junior, private, semi-private, and group tennis lessons for beginner through advanced level players
- Evaluating student progress and teaching tennis techniques using best practices
- Committing to department responsibilities and working effectively within a team environment
- Strengthening industry knowledge through ongoing professional development
Our Platform Tennis Coaches have two or more years of teaching and programming experience. In addition they:
- Maintain at least one nationally recognized tennis certification
- Possess an NTRP rating of 4.5 or higher and preferably have collegiate playing experience
- Are strong leaders with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Possess exceptional administrative abilities
- Are highly organized, creative, and energetic
- Enjoy talking about and promoting the game of tennis and platform tennis
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Apply online or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org