Midtown Athletic Clubs
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Room Attendant Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Room Attendant to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
As an integral part of the facilities team, our Room Attendants provide a safe, clean and functional environment for members and guests by:
- Maintaining the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Setting up cleaning cart with supplies, maintain carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleaning and wiping windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Washing shower walls and tub, cleans toilets and stall walls, wipe exposed pipes, clean mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replacing towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest, or is soiled or torn, to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washing all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusting and polishing all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
- Stripping bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
- Checking closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g., hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows).
- Vacuuming rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Inspecting door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Checking lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
- Maintaining a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Our Room Attendants:
- Have work experience as a Room Attendant or Maid.
- Have the flexibility to work in shift, weekend and holidays included.
- Are experienced with industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Are in good physical health and stamina.
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Are able to work independently and efficiently, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Are ability to follow instructions.
- Are able to effectively communicate in English.
- Are friendly and respectful when dealing with guest and staff.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.