Midtown Athletic Club
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Room Attendant Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for Room Attendants to join our Hotel at Midtown team at our Chicago location.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
As an integral part of the facilities team, our Room Attendants provide a safe, clean and functional environment for members and guests by:
- Maintaining the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Setting up cleaning cart with supplies, maintain carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleaning and wiping windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Washing shower walls and tub, cleans toilets and stall walls, wipe exposed pipes, clean mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replacing towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest, or is soiled or torn, to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washing all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusting and polishing all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
- Stripping bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
- Checking closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g., hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows).
- Vacuuming rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Inspecting door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Checking lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
- Maintaining a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Room Attendant Requirements:
- Have work experience as a Room Attendant or Maid in a hotel setting.
- Have the flexibility to work in shift, weekend and holidays included.
- Are experienced with industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Are in good physical health and stamina.
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Are able to work independently and efficiently, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Are ability to follow instructions.
- Are able to effectively communicate in English.
- Are friendly and respectful when dealing with guest and staff.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Eligible for full health insurance
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Midtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer