3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Software Architect Job in Chicago
Midtown is seeking a Software Architect to join our world-class team at our Chicago headquarters.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
Our Software Architect will help lead the digital transformation of our core applications and services. As Midtown pursues a large undertaking over the next 3 to 5 years to transform all our technology platforms, we look to build a strong strategy for scaling, modernizing, and automating all applications and processes involved. This very hands-on technical role will collaborate with company-wide departments and various teams to help recommend, design, and develop new applications and services for the future.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Design and implement enterprise level architecture and roadmaps while in close discussions with other information technology leaders.
- Make technical decisions while considering our long-term strategy and vision.
- Provide technical expertise over the course of the software development life cycle.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Assist in automating the building and deployment of our applications.
- Provide strategy around data security and data governance.
- Design applications and services for high availability and disaster recovery while supporting a hybrid (on-prem/cloud) infrastructure.
Software Architect requirements:
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Proven experience with service-oriented and microservice architectures using various technologies (SOAP, XML, JSON, RESTful API, etc.)
- Knowledge of one or more frameworks and/or libraries: .Net Core, Node.js, Angular and React
- Experience in managing resources cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Proficient hands-on experience creating and maintaining relational database concepts with MS SQL Server.
- Mobile development experience or knowledge of, mobile technologies, programming languages (Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin), and cross-platforms (Xamarin, React Native)
- Fundamental knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience with various collaboration tools (Azure DevOps, JIRA, MS Project, MS Teams, etc.)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Eager to work with multiple teams and projects at the same time.
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.