3611 N Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Staff Accountant Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
Our Staff Accountants are professionally-minded individuals providing accounting support to several remote locations. As an integral part of the team, they have a positive impact on the success of our business by:
- Identifying variances in data and discussing findings with key decision-makers
- Analyzing data and mitigating risk by providing proactive solutions
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparing general ledger journal entries
- Reconciling monthly bank statements
- Processing accounts payable and payroll
- Completing special projects as requested
Our Staff Accountants:
- Have completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA desired)
- Possess entry-level to three years of practical accounting experience
- Exhibit highly effective interpersonal and time management skills
- Are dependable, assertive and detail oriented
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities while maintaining a broad perspective of the business
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.