Midtown Athletic Club
1760 North Hicks Road
Palatine, IL 60074
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Summer Lifeguard (May through August) Job in Palatine
Midtown is looking for Lifeguards to watch over our pools and ensure the safety of our aquatics areas.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
As an integral part of the aquatics team, our Lifeguards inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. They encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations, and policies to ensure safety of patrons
- Maintaining order in swimming areas
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning
- Maintaining cleanliness of aquatics areas to promote an enjoyable experience
- Enforcing the pool rules to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Customer service oriented, with great interpersonal skills
- Are strong swimmers trained and certified in water rescue
- Possess nationally recognized certifications in aquatics including: Lifeguarding, Pro CPR/AED, First Aid
- Red Cross Certification, preferred
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic
- This role is for employment from May through August of 2020
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.