4101 Bach-Buxton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45103
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Youth Dance/Gymnastics Lead Job in Cincinnati
Midtown is looking for a Youth Dance/Gymnastics Lead to join our world-class team.
About Our Company
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring people to transform their lives. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
Youth Dance/Gymnastics Lead develops, oversees, coordinates staffing, and teaches children’s dance and gymnastics programming for the KidsFit department. Lead should be qualified to teach children ages 2 and up various levels of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Cheer, Hip Hop, and Gymnastics. Lead should be able to share their passion for the art with young dancers and gymnasts. Lead should lead by example in areas such as punctuality, responsibility, motivation, and professionalism. Additional responsibilities include:
• Scheduling staff to cover dance/gymnastics classes, camps, and birthday parties.
• Working with KidsFit Manager to hire, train, coach, mentor and evaluate all KidsFit dance/gymnastics associates in accordance with Midtown policies and procedures
• Working with KidsFit Manager to provide a robust schedule of Summer/Off-season Camps, Gymnastics, and Dance programs.
• Maintaining standards of cleanliness through use of daily checklists
• Ensuring all safety rules and regulations are followed
• Planning and delivering enjoyable, structured dance/gymnastics activities.
• Building relationships with pupils.
• Showing pupils how to practice and exercise.
• Choreographing and directing dance/gymnastics performances for session ending recitals.
• Explaining and demonstrating dance/gymnastics techniques and methods.
• Offering guidance to instructors on controlling groups of pupils and when required disciplining them.
• Working with instructors to make sure set-up of studio and return space to neat state upon completion of class.
• Accurately completing all administrative duties relating to dance/gymnastics classes (i.e. timesheets, student evaluations/placements, certificates, recital forms, etc.)
• Attending staff meetings as required.
• Reporting injuries and complete required forms.
• Immediately notifying KidsFit Manager of any broken equipment or unsafe aspects of studio space.
• Performing other duties as assigned by KidsFit Manager or Club Manager.
The ideal Youth Dance/Gymnastics Lead candidate will have:
• Degree in Dance or Professional Dance experience preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 3 years dance experienced preferred
• At least two years in a management or supervisory role related to children’s programs or services
• Displays exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
• Displays excellent problem solving skills and initiative
• Willing to work flexible hours
• Regular attendance and punctuality
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer