Midtown Athletic Club
High School or Equivalent
2444 N. Elston Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Share This Job On:
Apply Now Youth Dance Instructor Job in Chicago
Midtown is looking for a Youth Dance Instructor to teach 2-4 classes a week that incorporate motor skills and rhythm development while learning the classic techniques of ballet and tap.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Want
We’re looking for people that share our core values: kind individuals who want to win together, see things as the glass half full, are passionate about helping others, and strive to always be better than yesterday.
The most important aspect of being a Youth Dance Instructor at Midtown Athletic Club is our teachers’ ability to reach the “whole child.” Meaning we are engaging dancers mentally, physically, and personally/socially – with physical activity, exercises that encourage self-awareness and discipline, and learning how to interact with peers in a social environment.
- Set a good example of behavior and be a positive role model for our dancers
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and have/make fun in any environment
- Ability to work independently
- Take initiative to set a class plan that follows the curriculum and goals for each class
- Enforce class rules and handle discipline in a consistent manner
- Bring dancers to and from the studio for class
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Provide feedback with parents/guardians as needed
- Utilize resources efficiently
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Possess current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Enjoy working with children
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Display patience
- At least 2 years’ experience as a caregiver (babysitter, nanny, coach, instructor) for children
- At least 1 year experience as a youth instructor
- Maintain a regular schedule throughout the session
- Spring – March-May
- Summer – June-August
- Fall – September-November
- Winter – December-February
- Candidates must attend all training sessions prior to teaching
- Shadow an existing class
- Plan class curriculum
- Attend a New Hire Orientation
- Teach a mock class
- Candidates must be available for quarterly events and meetings
Members of the Midtown team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*To submit an application, please apply online or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org